- $1M grant for the Sharples Lab! Epigenetic muscle memory of wasting! - We have received a Research Council Norway (RCN) Grant for just under 9M NOK (1M USD)! Project title: Does human skeletal muscle possess an epigenetic memory of wasting? Targeting UBR5 as a therapy for muscle wasting with age. Primary and secondary objectives of the project: 1) We will discover if human skeletal muscle possesses an […]
- Paper Published in AJP- Cell Physiology! Knockdown of the E3 Ubiquitin ligase UBR5 and its role in skeletal muscle anabolism -
- Paper published in Scientific Reports! Epigenetic muscle aging in tissue & muscle derived cells: Role of HOX genes and physical activity - To read full paper click the link or download PDF Visual abstract!
- Latest Lab Pre-Print Out! Integrative methylome & transcriptome of high intensity sprint exercise in human skeletal muscle - LINK TO PDF For Firdaus Massar’s PhD studies in joint collaboration with Prof. Barry Drust (University of Birmingham) and international collaborators Prof Juleen Zierath and Dr. Nicolas Pillon (Karolinska Institute). We have undertake an integrative methylome and transcriptome approach to investigating the high intensity sprint exercise in human skeletal muscle. See PDF. Overall, in this […]
- Latest Exercise & Epigenetics Review Published! -